May God keep you and your family safe during this trying time
May God keep you and your family safe during this trying time
7 AM - 11:30 AM
Closed 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM
3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
SAT 10 AM - 3 PM
SUN 1 PM - 3 PM
Veteran Owned & Family Operated
We hope you can appreciate that we are still taking precautions and eliminating any unnecessary COVID exposure risks to our staff, our customers, and the general public. To wear or not to wear masks at our facility is your choice.
We are allowing tours to the public by appointment only so that we can ensure only one family at a time is inside The Castle. Please email, call, or text us to schedule a tour or any other services we offer. We welcome you to become part of our Royal Family!
When you do come inside our facility, if we are with another customer at the desk, we kindly ask that you wait behind our indoor security gate.
We offer our sincere gratitude for your patience and understanding. We also extend our love and prayers for you and your dog-children.
Sarah and The Canine Castle Family
BEST DOG BOARDING
BEST DOG GROOMER
BEST NEW BUSINESS
BEST DOG BOARDING
Spacious kennels and luxurious suites available. Click for pictures with prices.
Socialization is complimentary; it is not required to board.
Do you want your dog to learn to get along with others? We have indoor play-rooms and 10,000 square feet of turf in our outdoor Courtyard with six partitioned play-yards.
*Two more large play-yards are in the plans.
We do it all. Let us know.
Does your dog need to learn manners, patience, appropriate play with others, or leash training? We can help. Socialization is one of our specialties.
We are striving to change the way our community dogs are boarded or kenneled, so we have selected the best custom-made enclosures in the industry for our private dog boarding chambers. Our kennels are constructed with strong tempered glass, and they are absent of cages, wires, and bars.
We are opposite of the norm:
Our royal social dogs don't just leave their kennels to take potty breaks; they take breaks from play to go their kennel to eat and rest. A well-exercised dog whose mind has been stimulated all day is a content well-behaved dog ready for restful boarding nights and a peaceful time with family when returning home. Our boarding dogs are only “kenneled” at night and during meal and rest-times—another part of our “no-cage” concept. During the day, our royal overnight guests are out and about rotating from kennels to indoor playrooms to any of our partitioned play-yards in the 10,000 square foot Courtyard. They play alongside our royal doggy daycare guests--overnight guests enjoy the same off-leash play amenities and activities as do our daycare dogs for no additional fee.
SOCIALIZATION (this is one of our specialties)
1. It is NOT a requirement for our boarding dogs to be socialized--your dog may board with us without the complimentary socialization we offer--please let us know if you do not desire your dogs to be around others. However, if it is your worry that stops you--rest easy--we are truly good at what we do.
2. Successful socialization is dependent upon each dog's size, temperament, age, special needs, medical conditions, spay/neuter status, weather, and available staff.
3. Each dog's temperament is carefully assessed for signs of potential aggressiveness or reactive fearfulness. If we have any doubts about your dog's temperament, we will not place them into off-leash playgroups with other dogs.
**Boarding dogs (unlike daycare dogs) do not need a temperament test to board--we do this while they are here.**
4. Dogs that cannot be placed into off-leash playgroups will still enjoy solitary play time in their own yard or play-room with loving human Castle Companions five times a day.
5. Dogs who are over one year old and have NOT been spayed or neutered WILL NOT be socialized with other dogs. We do not risk unwanted pregnancies or unpredictable behaviors. We know from experience that other Castle dogs can easily sense the hormones associated with a new dog who has not been spayed or neutered. Most dogs view the intact dogs as a threat, and this disrupts the harmony and peace within the packs.
**We do not take or keep dogs in heat**
From waggin' rides with royal Boxers and Pugs to important play meetings run by Beagles...from Pomeranians picking out their own toys to Weimaraners working the front desk, your dog is sure to enjoy their vacation and make a new friend or two. Watch, we will catch your dog smiling.
For Our Royal Humans:
All-Inclusive for $38 and up, Our Overnight Royal Canine Guests Enjoy:
Once a Castle dog, ALWAYS a Castle dog. Warning: Our royal dogs have been known to bum rides back to The Castle.
"Whoa! The grass really IS greener on The Castle side"
We know dog psychology, and we SPECIALIZE in dogs who:
We believe no dog should ever feel abandoned, caged and punished, lonely, or imprisoned—especially when they are away from their family already. We know your dog will miss you, so we work to distract them from their achy breaky heart by providing lots of personal love, attention, positive re-enforcement and stimulating activities.
There are several things we do to ensure your dog doesn't suffer from a broken heart during their stay with us:
1. We have conversations with each dog. Although canines may not know every word of the human languages, they DO absolutely know when someone is sincere about their well-being, and they can sense a person's intentions. We work to earn each dog's trust, and we are patient enough to give them the choice of when to open up to us...it usually doesn't take long.
2. As the owner, I live on site, and I am hands on with each dog guest to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcomed, and I am delighted when I get showered with hugs and sloppy kisses.
3. I aim to keep good workers by offering competitive pay, incentives, quality training, and a family environment. I currently have two wonderful animal loving employees who have been with me since the Castle opened. The safety, well-being and happiness of our Castle dogs takes priority over all other functions--I ensure that my staff members are providing five-star care every day, all day. I have procedures and policies in place to ensure that each dog is fed correctly (and each dog is actually eating). If they aren't eating, we mix a small bit of organic Castle Irresistables in their food to remind them of their hunger.
4. For dogs who were rescued, dogs boarding for their first time, or dogs with severe separation anxiety, we recommend one to five days of pre-boarding daycare before the boarding start date. When you leave your baby, and you come back at the end of the day for them, they will remember that you did in fact come back for them, and they are less likely to worry that you've abandoned them during their boarding stay.
5. We plan enjoyable structured activities custom-fit for each dog's preference--if they love fetching, swimming, or exploring new places, we pay attention--we want them to feel like they are on vacation while you are on vacation.
6. We aim to make your dog's stay feel like an AstroWorld trip or Disney vacation, and we strive to be your dog's other family while you're away. Our Castle has a "home feel" along with the special qualities that make us an elite Five-Star Resort...one that your dog will crave and dream about.
There is no better compliment than to witness a return dog's reaction when the family pulls into our Royal Barking Lot. When these babies come barreling toward the Castle, and they burst through our doors, all smiles and tap-dances, this is the best feeling an owner of a pet resort could possibly feel.
Less dogs at a time means more one-on-one attention for each royal guest. Our max capacity is 55 to 68 guests at once.
If abundant love, acceptance, personal attention, socialization, encouragement, and quality time with your dog is what you're looking for, and if you thrive on peace of mind knowing your dog is with their "other family" on their own personal vacation while you are away on vacation or for work, The Castle is the right place for you to leave your dog.
We provide Regular Facebook updates through videos, pictures, and short stories about your Castle Dog's day, and if you need us to, we will send personal texted pictures/updates--feel free to text us and ask. We will even put you on speaker phone so your dog can hear your voice, or use Google Duo if you just can't shake your worries. There is no such thing as a "neurotic pet parent," your dogs are your children, and we treat them as such.
Our prices are not the lowest in the area, nor are they as high as other comparable resorts, but keep in mind, the old saying, "you get what you pay for" is true.
I purchased five acres with a pond and two existing houses for the sole purpose of creating a royal pet services resort for all Alvin and Houston area pets. The Canine Castle is not a residence, although dogs and people get a "home-feel" when they walk in. To ensure your dog's overnight safety, I do live on-site with my family above the Royal Chambers room.
Because of the global pandemic, we are scheduling tours so that we can ensure we only have one family inside the Castle at a time. This will also give you the personal time you need to ask important questions.
MEDIEVAL TIMES (closed from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM Mon-Fri):
We apologize that we do close our facility and/or gate during Medieval Times for sanitation, deep cleaning, pest control, and staff training. If you absolutely must pick up or drop off during Medieval Times, please understand that we charge a necessary deterrent fee, and please make arrangements for this ahead of time.
BEFORE Entering The Castle with your dog:
1. Email your dog's vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that we have received and approved of the records; let us know you intend to bring your dog on the tour so we can clear the lobby of any free-roaming dogs when you arrive. For the safety of your dog and ALL of our Royal Guests, we do not allow unvaccinated dogs inside The Castle.
Records must be complete and current with:
RABIES, DHPP, and BORDETELLA
(Leptospirosis is recommended but not required)
2. Please leash your pet before exiting your vehicle and entering the Castle and also before exiting the Castle to walk to your vehicle.
The Canine Castle is NOT liable for any incidents while your pet is in your care. All dogs should remain leashed when dropped off until your dog is secured by a staff member.
3. To ensure that our free-roaming royal dogs are safe: Visitors who enter the Castle must wait in our iron gated "holding cell" after entering through the front door until all dogs are secure.
THE GREAT HALL
Need a bath? Let us do the dirty work . . . (robe, martini, & sunglasses not included)
When you board your dog or book a daycare day with us on or near your dog's birthday, let us know, and we will throw him or her a free social BIRTHDAY PAWTY fit for a king or queen.
"Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us,
and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day."
DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOG AT HOME. Since canines can't read clocks, and they simple have no interest in Einstein's theory of relativity or any other human conception of time, then why can't time be a concept that dogs can revel in off-leash and un-caged with lots of love at The Canine Castle?
"Knock Knock! Where's our humans?"
Alvin, Manvel, Pearland, Santa Fe, Texas City, Galveston, Dickinson, Houston, League City, Friendswood, Pasadena, Danbury, Liverpool, Clute, Angleton, Rosharon, Lake Jackson, Richwood, West Columbia, Missouri City, Seabrook, Nassau Bay, Webster, Clear Lake, Kemah, Sugarland etc.
Legal action will be taken to preserve our rights.
Do not duplicate/copy any part of this web page or any of our downloadable documents; all were written to create a loyal customer base and establish a competitive advantage with information explicit to our way of doing business and providing five-star care for Houston area pets. The educational/informative material included here is the author's original and personal expressions which are retained for the exclusive benefit of The Canine Castle LLC and its potential consumers and current customers only. All rights are reserved for the writer/creator of The Canine Castle logo as well as the design, writing, and content of the information presented on this web-page. Unauthorized use or duplication without express written permission from author/creator/business owner, S. Fillingame, is strictly prohibited. Legal action has been favorable for us against violators in the past. We do not hesitate to preserve our intellectual rights.
Copyright © 2018-2021 The Canine Castle LLC - All Rights Reserved.